Allstate (Northbrook, IL, and Chicago, IL)
Copywriter (October 2015-present)
Junior Copywriter (November 2012-October 2015)
- Wrote and edited copy for websites, microsites, mobile apps, emails, posters and social media for clients including Allstate’s Connected Car, Milewise, Drivewise, Online Quoting Tool, My Account, Angie’s List Home Services Partnership, Self-Service, Promotions, Affinity Programs and more.
- Worked with Allstate’s predictive analytics startup Arity to create several mobile app products, as well as help incubate ideas for possible new products.
- Built style guide and collaborated with developers and designers to incorporate a copy section into their internal, WordPress-hosted human interaction guidelines.
- Collaborated with user experience designers, visual designers, user experience researchers, developers, marketers and product managers, and business partners on cross-functional projects.
- Trained and mentored three employees.
- Created content inventory and audit.
- Constructed and managed content matrices and tagged keys in conjunction with user experience architects.
- Crafted personas.
- Established brand taxonomy.
- Managed relationships with vendors.
Edelman Intelligence (formerly Edelman Berland/StrategyOne) (Chicago, IL)
New Business Coordinator/Research Analyst (July 2011-October 2012)
New Business Coordinator Research Assistant (August 2010-June 2011)
Media Analyst Intern (April 2010-August 2010)
- Developed niche as editor for team members’ client-facing documents due to strong writing and grammar skills.
- Crafted research proposals for clients across several industry sectors, including technology, health, consumer, corporate and government.
- Designed research plans to meet client business objectives, whether corporate reputation, thought leadership, ethnographies, MROCS (market research online communities), mediagenic surveys, segmentation, conjoint analyses, focus groups, in-depth interviews, telephone, online or omnibus surveys.
- Managed vendor relationships and identified potential new partners and suppliers for focus groups, IDIs, ethnographies, surveys and MROCs.
- Tracked company revenue and scoped out pricing for projects.
- Assisted with creating research reports as needed.
- Monitored media and wrote analyses for daily, weekly, monthly and ad-hoc communication measurement and competitor landscape reports for Microsoft.
- Sourced print and online news articles, blogs and TV news clips of a newly released product for Starbucks.
- Used Factiva, Google Reader and proprietary applications to keep a pulse on client brand, product and campaign media mentions.
- Evaluated media coverage tone, including positive, negative or neutral mentions via prime scoring.
University of Wisconsin – Madison
Bachelor of Arts, Journalism and Strategic Communication
Honors in the Liberal Arts