Allstate (Arity) (Northbrook, IL, and Chicago, IL)
UX Writer (October 2015-present)
Junior UX Writer (November 2012-October 2015)
- Wrote microcopy including instructional copy, field labels, error messages, buttons, hints and more across several products and platforms.
- Worked with Allstate’s predictive analytics startup Arity to create several mobile app products, as well as help incubate ideas for possible new products.
- Wrote conversational interface copy and scripts for an Alexa skill.
- Wrote and edited copy for websites, microsites, mobile apps, emails, videos, posters and social media for clients including Allstate’s Connected Car, Milewise, Drivewise, Online Quoting Tool, My Account, Self-Service, Promotions, Affinity Programs and more.
- Built style guide and collaborated with developers and designers to incorporate a copy section into their internal, WordPress-hosted human interaction guidelines.
- Collaborated with user experience designers, visual designers, user experience researchers, developers, marketers, product managers and business partners on cross-functional projects.
- Trained and mentored three employees.
- Created content inventory and audit.
- Constructed and managed content matrices and tagged keys in conjunction with user experience architects.
- Crafted personas.
- Established brand taxonomy.
- Managed relationships with vendors.
Edelman Intelligence (formerly Edelman Berland/StrategyOne) (Chicago, IL)
New Business Coordinator/Research Analyst (July 2011-October 2012)
New Business Coordinator Research Assistant (August 2010-June 2011)
Media Analyst Intern (April 2010-August 2010)
- Developed niche as editor for team members’ client-facing documents due to strong writing and grammar skills.
- Crafted research proposals for clients across several industry sectors, including technology, health, consumer, corporate and government.
- Designed research plans to meet client business objectives, whether corporate reputation, thought leadership, ethnographies, MROCS (market research online communities), mediagenic surveys, segmentation, conjoint analyses, focus groups, in-depth interviews, telephone, online or omnibus surveys.
- Managed vendor relationships and identified potential new partners and suppliers for focus groups, IDIs, ethnographies, surveys and MROCs.
- Tracked company revenue and scoped out pricing for projects.
- Assisted with creating research reports as needed.
- Monitored media and wrote analyses for daily, weekly, monthly and ad-hoc communication measurement and competitor landscape reports for Microsoft.
- Sourced print and online news articles, blogs and TV news clips of a newly released product for Starbucks.
- Used Factiva, Google Reader and proprietary applications to keep a pulse on client brand, product and campaign media mentions.
- Evaluated media coverage tone, including positive, negative or neutral mentions via prime scoring.
University of Wisconsin – Madison, 2009
Bachelor of Arts, Journalism and Strategic Communication
Honors in the Liberal Arts